Lord Speak To Me

Hear the word of the Lord

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I, We, They, He, She and You

I-magine

N-icola

C-ourageously

O-vercoming

N-umerous

G-rueling

R-ealities

U-ndaunted

O-ddly

U-nafraid

S-chizophrenic

What label do you have for yourself that helps you sleep at night.

Incongruous. That's me in a nutshell. I'm odd. Out of place. Oh and on special occasions, positively unsuitable. I say I'm writer but I haven't put words together in awhile. I say I'm a Christian but I haven't reached out to my neighbour. I say I'm whole but I haven't knelt down and strengthened the relationship with my creator. I say, I say...we say, they say, he she...you say. But thats about it, we decorate the air with the warmth of our breath drenched in mere words. “I,we, they, he, she and you” barely act anymore.

We must ask ourselves how much of eternity is in what we are doing." We are merely moving through the motions losing touch. Blurring the lines of whats right and wrong. Moving further and further away into the shadows. I say shadows because we fool ourselves, just because we are partially in the dark doesn't mean we are all bad, right? There is no room for excuses, and partial belief in the place our Father has prepared for us.

It's time “ I, we, they, he, she and you” opened up our hearts. It's “ I, we, they, he, she and you” stopped trying to define ourselves with clever little phrases, with our own understanding of, well of nothing. It's time “ I, we, they, he, she and you” looked at the manual provided by our creator ie: the Bible. It's time we depended on the substance of the God we serve.

No comments: